|The CUNY Academy's Travel Awards for Associate Professors
Established in 2016, the CUNY Academy's Travel Awards for Associate Professors provide grants of up to $500 to full-time CUNY Associate Professors. The award is for presenting, chairing or moderating at a scholarly conference from July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018.
Those who have received other awards from the CUNY Academy are fully eligible to apply. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and early applications get special consideration.
Applications must be sent via email and email attachments to email@example.com. Please put the word travel in the subject line.
We may not be able to fund all submitted expenses. Payment of the awards will be done through college business offices during May 2018. Award amounts will range from $100 (for nearby travel) to $500 (for travel to more distant points.)
1. Applicants apply for the award either before or after they travel to the conference. Applications will not be accepted after April 30, 2018 or after we run out of funds, whichever comes first. First come, first served.
2. Applicants receive approval for the award from the CUNY Academy on a rolling basis for conferences that take place between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018.
3. Awardees provide the Academy with documentary evidence that they have presented, chaired or moderated at a scholarly conference from July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018 by providing a copy of the conference program with the awardee’s name listed in his/her session.
4. On or about April 30, 2018, the CUNY Academy arranges for the funds to become available to applicants.
5. Awardees must submit original receipts for registration, transportation, and lodging related to the conference; there is no per diem, and food is not included. Not all expenses can be covered.
6. The Award is valid only for the conference stated in the application.
7. Please see the Guidance for Federally funded travel Awards, including the use of US flag carriers on international flights.
8. New York State policy prohibits payments for nonessential travel to North Carolina and Mississippi.
The Award is valid only for the conference stated in the application.
The application form can be downloaded at this location.
Members of the Academy, excluding the Executive Director, serve as the Awards Committee.
CUNY Academy for the Humanities