|The CUNY Academy's Travel Awards for Associate Professors
Established in 2016, the CUNY Academy's Travel Awards for Associate Professors provide grants of up to $500 to full-time CUNY Associate Professors. The award is for presenting, chairing or moderating at a scholarly conference from July 1, 2016 to June 1, 2017.
Those who have received other awards from the CUNY Academy are fully eligible to apply. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and early applications get special consideration.
The Academy thanks the CUNY Office of Research for its support and Provost Joanne Russell of Kingsborough Community College for her cooperation in this new venture.
Applications must be sent via email and email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the word travel in the subject line.
We may not be able to fund all submitted expenses. Payment of the awards will be done through college business offices during June 2017. Award amounts will range from $100 (for nearby travel) to $500 (for travel to more distant points.)
1. Applicants apply for the award either before or after they travel to the conference. Applications will not be accepted after April 30, 2017 or after we run out of funds, whichever comes first. First come, first served.
2. Applicants receive approval for the award from the CUNY Academy on a rolling basis for conferences that take place between July 1, 2016 and June 1, 2017.
3. Awardees provide the Academy with documentary evidence that they have presented, chaired or moderated at a scholarly conference from July 1, 2016 to June 1, 2017 by providing a copy of the conference program with the awardee’s name listed in his/her session.
4. On or about April 30, 2017, the CUNY Academy arranges for the transfer of award funds to the college business offices.
5. The Academy informs awardees that they may apply to their college business office for reimbursement.
6. Awardees take a completed NYS travel voucher to their college business office in order to receive reimbursement for their conference expenses. Awardees must submit original receipts for registration, transportation, and lodging related to the conference; there is no per diem, and food is not included. Not all expenses can be covered.
The Award is valid only for the conference stated in the application.
The application form can be downloaded at this location.
Members of the Academy, excluding the Executive Director, serve as the Awards Committee.
CUNY Academy for the Humanities